Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dia Uno!

We were the first group of people to arrive in Sevilla from our program. And by we, I mean myself and the five other girls I met at the airport in Raleigh with the same flights and in the same program. This flying experience was somewhat traumatic with security at every stop a significant amount of turbulence on the flight from Boston to Madrid and nearly missing both connections! There was also a poor little boy that cried quite a bit, not that I really blame him. I didn’t enjoy it either, but still it would have been nice to get a little more sleep. Anyway we arrived at about noon and we were the only people not to get our luggage so hopefully it will arrive very soon (like tonight!)!

After arriving and the mandatory parental check in, the six of us American girls went to get something to eat and ended up on a cute cobblestone street about a 5 min walk from the hotel. We got some tapas recommended by the waiter. One was really good, and the other one I didn’t enjoy so much. We did, however, learn that our Spanish is terrible (not that I didn’t know that) and we have a ways to go! We then came back and took a siesta before our meeting and group dinner. They tried to ease us into Spanish food so we ate chicken and french fries. Not quite American but pretty close. I had ice cream for dessert, but some people got fruit (ie a pear to be eaten with a fork and knife).

I absolutely love the little cobblestone streets and the pretty buildings and I am excited to explore in the next few days and go shopping while they are having sales! Tomorrow we meet our senora who is supposed to be great so we shall see!

Buenas noches!

4 comments:

  1. I like it! But I think I'd like you to talk more about man-purses next time, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i havent really seen many maybe even the spanish men are more masculine than you! but i have seen the girls wearing aladdin pants! you would like those but i am pretty sure there is no way i will get any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh whoa you HAVE to get one of those aladdin pants, you just have to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kales!
    I hope Spain is amazing. It sounds beautiful. Eating pears with a fork and knife? That does not count as dessert, I don't care what people in Sevilla think.
    Miss you love!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete